Overwatch is a 2016 first-person shooter multiplayer video game for PC, developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. In the game, players take control of one of several characters, called “heroes” and complete various missions in teamwork-based gameplay. Overwatch Game of the Year Edition provides the players with additional content, such as new skins for their characters.
Gameplay and characters
The main selling point of Overwatch lies in its gameplay. The game is a teamwork-based FPS, where players are divided into groups of six and compete in several game modes. Players get to choose their characters from the roster of over 30 available heroes, each with their unique ability which grants some kind of advantage to the player during the match. Heroes are divided into three categories:
- Damage – characters known for their high mobility rate and ability to do great damage to the enemy. They are, however, highly susceptible to damage from their opponents. This type includes characters who deploy field support units such as turrets and traps, to provide additional firepower and help to protect specific areas as well as create choke points. Damage characters include Tracer, McCree, Soldier 75, Reaper, Hanzo, Genji, Mei, and Widowmaker.
- Tank – these types of characters can take significantly more damage than any other class in the game. They are perfect at drawing enemy fire while their teammates proceed with the mission objective. Tank characters can provide protection to themselves and their team with the energy shields. Some of Tank’s characters are D.Va, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Winston.
- Support – these characters have the ability to enhance the stats of other team members as well as weaken the enemy team. What they lack in firepower and HP, they make up for with assistance provided to their teammates in form of buffs and debuffs, such as healing. Support characters include Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta, and Ana.
Each of the heroes possesses a main and at least two additional abilities, some of which require a cooldown. Aside from that, during the match, players develop their characters’ special abilities. These include lasting effects such as increased speed or strength, or a single powerful attack. The enemy players are alerted about the character using their special ability by a loud exclamation they make. That may give opponents time to respond accordingly to an incoming strike.
There are several types of missions in Overwatch that work as game modes that include:
- Assault, where the attacking team is assigned to take over two enemy points in sequence.
- Escort, which assigns one of the teams to protect the payload and escort it to a specific delivery point before time runs out. Payload vehicle proceeds along the track while attacking players are near it, but stops when defenders approach it. When neither side is close to the vehicle it moves backward.
- Hybrid, which combines assault and escort mode, with payload acting as the point to be taken from the enemy team and escorted safely to the drop point.
- Control, where teams compete to capture a common point and hold it down until the control meter reaches 100%.
In-game experience points are awarded based on several factors such as win/loss ratio or effective use of the character. This awards them with gold, silver, or bronze medals. Reaching experience levels provides players with loot boxes, which contain randomized items such as victory poses, costumes, voice lines, as well as in-game currency. These items come in three types of rarity: Common, Epic, and Legendary. Lootboxes can also be purchased with microtransactions.
Popularity and players receptions
Overwatch gained critical acclaim from players and critics alike and became a commercial success for Blizzard. Players praised gameplay mechanics, engaging modes, as well as well-written and interesting character backstories. Overwatch’s popularity led to the creation of an entire franchise that expands way beyond the gaming world, with dedicated short films, comics, and other media. The game’s success also led to the foundation of eSports Overwatch League, one of the fastest developing esports gaming leagues in the industry.
Purchase Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition and you’ll receive these in-game goodies for your favorite Blizzard games:
- Overwatch – Bonus Loot Boxes
Enjoy 10 Standard Loot Boxes, each containing a collection of random items that can be used to customize your favorite heroes. Loot Boxes may include skins, emotes, victory poses, voice lines, sprays, portraits, and highlight intros, as well as credits you can use to unlock a variety of different customization options.
- Overwatch – Hero Skins
Pay homage to the original Overwatch strike force by wearing the vintage skins Blackwatch Reyes or Strike-Commander Morrison. Explore other heroes’ origins with Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, and even Slipstream Tracer!
- Heroes of the Storm – Tracer Hero
Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye.
- World of Warcraft – Baby Winston Pet
Adorably cuddly and highly intellectual, the Baby Winston pet will be at your side as you fight your way through Azeroth.
- Hearthstone – Card Back
Battle it out in Hearthstone with an Overwatch-themed card back fit for a hero!
- Diablo III – Mercy’s Wings
Slay demonic forces throughout the High Heavens and Burning Hells as you don Mercy’s wings. All of Sanctuary will know of your allegiance to Overwatch!
- StarCraft II – In-game Portraits
With brand new portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, you’re sure to become a champion of the Koprulu Sector.
What is the price of Overwatch Game of the Year Edition in United States?
The best Overwatch Game of the Year Edition is Regular price: ৳ 3,800 & Sale price: ৳ 3,650. You can buy the Overwatch Game of the Year Edition at the best price in United States from SHOPEYBD on our website. Our products are verified by the official brand websites. We deliver quickly, and sometimes even offer same-day delivery.